Photo

Star Wars Movies

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Star Wars Film (126 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite Star Wars film?

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1 votes [0.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.79%

2. Episode II: Attack of the Clone (1 votes [0.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.79%

3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (7 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Episode IV: A New Hope (22 votes [17.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

5. Voted Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (74 votes [58.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.73%

6. Voted Episode IV: Return of the Jedi (21 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Rae

Rae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA
  • NERD:474

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

The original three were the best although there are parts of the newer episodes that I like.

Favorite things from the original series would be YODA!, Han Solo, Chewbacca and R2-D2. X-Wings are awesome as is James Earl Jones. Would LOVE to be able to rock the Slave Leia gold bikini. (I was Leia for Halloween once when I was younger. My hair was long enough to make the cinnamon roll hairdo.) ;)

I also really loved Boba Fett although I kind of feel that he was made up more than he was in the movie. I wish there was more of him in the films since he is cool. LOVE his ship. I would love my own Slave One. Woot!

I like Hayden Christiansen although in the newer Star Wars movies, I thought he did best when he was going crazy and leaning toward the dark side like when he went on the killing spree after his mom died or during the fight with ObiWan.

Favorite things from the newer movies: Yoda (just loved him fighting though I love him better as a Muppet than CG), ObiWan, fight scenes including lightsabers... I REALLY liked the final fight scene with Anakin and ObiWan.

Now that I'm chatting about Star Wars, I want to state for the record that if they do ANY OTHER MOVIES for Star Wars, they should start on the New Jedi Order book series. That series ROCKS!!! Granted, I still want to hurt Lucas for Chewbacca (for those that have read the books, you understand... for those that haven't... it's in the first book.) I would LOVE to see POST movies Star Wars. The New Jedi Order has Han and Leia with the twins and little Anakin, Luke married with his Jedi Academy, and you have a new villain - the <a href="http://en.wikipedia....n_Vong">Yuuzhan Vong</a href>. I especially would LOVE to see this part:

Anakin's lightsaber is damaged in the rescue attempt and he has to rebuild it using a Yuuzhan Vong lambent. He attunes his lightsaber to himself and discovers a way to sense the Vong through the Force. Anakin is the first Jedi after Vergere to have sensed the Yuuzhan Vong thus. He calls this ability the "Vongsense".
-from Wikipedia

Instead of messing with the original series, why not frakkin start on something new? I mean, really now? C'mon!

Anyone else have any comments or questions?
My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.

"Actions are immoral... opinions are not, and I won't apologize for mine."
- Dan Rydell from "Sports Night", episode "The Apology"

“Life is an occasion… rise to it.”
-from the film “Mister Magorium’s Wonder Emporium”

“Like ‘love’, ‘hope’ is one of those ridiculously disproportional words that by all rights should be a lot longer.”
- Harry Dresden from the book “Turn Coat” by Jim Butcher

"Mr. Pajama-wearing, basket-face, slipper-wielding, clype-dreep-bachle, gather-uping-blate-maw, bleathering, gomeril, jessie, oaf-looking, scooner, nyaff, plookie, shan, milk-drinking, soy-faced, shilpit, mim-moothed, sniveling, worm-eyed, hotten-blaugh, vile-stoochie, cully-breek-tattie."
- The Scotsman to Samurai Jack from the animated series "Samurai Jack"

#42 Guest_Kent_*

Guest_Kent_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

I posted this in an original thread... sadly it got no attention which is lame because it's such a great experience

If you're a true nerd, chances are you love Star Wars... but chances are you haven't seen it like this. STAR WARS could be the starter drug for nerdom and many people have mixed feelings over the special editions and the poorly transferred 2004 DVDs (they're awfully blue). A man from the UK known as Adywan is going through film by film, restoring the color and adding and subtracting from places in the series where he felt it suited the films best.

You can do a simple google search to find this version of the film, and Empire Strikes Back Revisited is coming out next year.

Here's the trailer for STAR WARS REVISITED.. and yes Han shoots first once again!

#43 gc-spurs

gc-spurs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NERD:483

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

lmao. i love how no one voted for phantom menace. cause that one sucked. lmao. this is why i love this site, because we have people here that actually KNOW their stuff. <3
you guys are all awesome. C:
so i present you a message from Darth Vader.
Posted Image

Its not the best, but wouldn't say it sucked. It has its awesomeness- probably the best or top 2 lightsaber fight, Liam Neeson, a backstory to R2D2 and C3PO...

EDIT: that pic has just given me canned spaghetti cravings!

#44 keyairia

keyairia

Spectre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1418 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel
  • NERD:723

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:22 AM

Its not the best, but wouldn't say it sucked. It has its awesomeness- probably the best or top 2 lightsaber fight, Liam Neeson, a backstory to R2D2 and C3PO...

EDIT: that pic has just given me canned spaghetti cravings!

well. compared to the others. i mean it's star wars. so it can't REEEEEALLY truly suck. C:
not possible. and it did have liam neeson. the most epic man alive. lmao.
i was just ranting. lmao. that's my excuse. lol.

and i know as soon i saw it. i was like omfglkasdjf;lskdjfaldskjf i have to post!! lmao.

and i was like "people on the nerd machine understand me!!!"

Posted Image
twitter || tumblr || deviantart || google + || gamertag^

#45 Grizz

Grizz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • NERD:1581

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

Now I can see why Empire is obviously the best, but when I was younger my favorite was Return of the Jedi. I think it's mostly because I liked that luke had a green lightsaber... B)

Posted Image

#46 may.the.nerd.b.with.u

may.the.nerd.b.with.u

Inspector Space-Time

• Chat Moderators
  • 2154 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • NERD:486

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:46 AM

Han shot first!
Twitter: PGStardestroyeR

#47 Tin Omen

Tin Omen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton UK
  • NERD:2894

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

ULTRA GEEK
The Science of Star Wars Busted:
http://fora.tv/2010/11/07/Wonderfest_2010_Science_Laughs_with_Brian_Malow

#48 Kalhoun

Kalhoun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • NERD:2287

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Now I can see why Empire is obviously the best, but when I was younger my favorite was Return of the Jedi. I think it's mostly because I liked that luke had a green lightsaber... B)

Yeah I agree that the green lightsaber is the best and when you're younger you like seeing the good guys win!
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, we're only mortal.

#49 Shelbey

Shelbey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • NERD:906

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

I was a HUGE Star Wars nerd up until a few years ago, and it has kind of cooled off a little (but will always be there a little :D ) My favorites were always Darth Vader/Anakin....or Luke! :D

#50 Hoggleton

Hoggleton

Capt. Bucky O'Hare!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationReading, UK
  • NERD:184

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

I would just like to Mention that I have bought a Lightsabre key ring, more specifically its in the Style of Lukes in Jedi and it come with a light... I wonder if its a green light... I'll just have to find out when it gets here!
"I came here to Drink Milk and Kick Ass.... And I've just finished my milk."
"I'm not a window cleaner!!!"

James

@Hoggleton on Twitter Hoggleton on Facebook

Apple Nerd. Apple MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 750 GB WD Black 7200RPM HDD. iPhone 4 16GB, iPad 2 Black 64GB WiFi, Apple TV2, iPod Classic Black 120GB, and an iMac G3 750MHz G3, 40GB HDD, 1GB RAM.

#51 mlevere1992

mlevere1992

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWaukee, IA
  • NERD:1714

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Definate Fav: Episode IV: A New Hope I saw this original 10+ time in the theater. I was 7 when the original came out. AND it has to be the original, not any of the extra scenes and where Han shoots FIRST! He is a damn space pirate! He shoots first all the time! (shhh.... I did like when they added the scene with Jabba but I can do without it).

Love Han and Luke and just hated Anakin. Especially the young one. Maybe it was just the acting or the story but he was just too whiney. I never believed that he could become Darth Vader, even after he was annointed.

#52 Anny

Anny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationCardiff
  • NERD:1405

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

The Complete Star Wars Saga will be available in the UK from 26th September 2011!!!

Finally the wait is over!

http://www.play.com/...tle&source=9316
"I kept dreaming of a world I would never see..then one day, I got in!"
"I Don't know the meaning of the word.." <--- He really doesn't
"And second Halo blows so hard it makes my Nintendo cartridges work again." - Buie 31/01/11

Posted Image

#53 keyairia

keyairia

Spectre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1418 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel
  • NERD:723

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

i knowwwwww!
i can't wait!! <3
totally getting it. :]
i hope they add some extra features too. but omfg BLU-RAY! =D

and i was like "people on the nerd machine understand me!!!"

Posted Image
twitter || tumblr || deviantart || google + || gamertag^

#54 rosie165

rosie165

Haven't a Scooby!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1558 posts
  • LocationUK
  • NERD:2569

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

How soon do you reckon they'll let us pre-order. I can't wait to introduce my kids to this but figure it'd be better to wait and really blow their minds!
The secret to a happy life is not having what you want but wanting what you have - Anon

#55 NΕRD

NΕRD

Этo курaм нa смex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1990 posts
  • NERD:563

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

Sounds like a good deal for $90, too!

What's in a Name? | Avatar & Sig? | Gender & Age Poll | NERD Demos | NERD # properties | Spread the NERD? | NERDworking!
Posted Image
[backlit and w/ a minor change mentioned hereView Post (& other variations)]
How do ya stay healthy? | Hang out @ The Usual Spot or The NERD Hangout | ^<v | Guilty pleasures?
I have: Chuck's chucks, his TRON poster (after a tradeView Post w/ luckypeter93View Post), the red NERD Herd landline phone, the Rubik's Cube from Chuck's Stanford items box,
the Irene Demova virus, Morgan's jug of orange juice from Sarah, Chuck's NERD Herd tie, the racing seat in his living room and Roan Montgomery's martini glass

#56 Every1Talks

Every1Talks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationEmerald City
  • NERD:183

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

Glad to hear someone is getting them in Blu-Ray format. Coudln't believe it hadn't been converted yet,

Posted Image

MUSIC - Man for WeHeartChuck.com

#57 Anny

Anny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

How soon do you reckon they'll let us pre-order. I can't wait to introduce my kids to this but figure it'd be better to wait and really blow their minds!

You can pre order now. Make suere you show your kids the films in the correct order. Episodes 4, 5 and 6 first!!!
"And second Halo blows so hard it makes my Nintendo cartridges work again." - Buie 31/01/11

Posted Image

#58 jaimemac

jaimemac

Awesome-est Nerd

• Chat Moderators
  • 928 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX
  • NERD:652

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

Dude when is it coming to the US?
"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Twitter @jaimenicmac

#59 Darth Kathy Grint

Darth Kathy Grint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMy lair in doom... somewhere in Santiago, Chile.
  • NERD:818

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

I'm going to get a BluRay Player, and a HDTV and buy this baby and see this and die and rewatch it and die again.

Posted Image

NERD IS THE WORD, WITCHES.

#60 Anny

Anny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

Dude when is it coming to the US?

Probably the same date in the US, or possibly earlier.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users