Photo

Inception

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Inception (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Did the top fall or keep spinning?

1. It fell (27 votes [84.38%])

Percentage of vote: 84.38%

2. It kept spinning (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Super Cal

Super Cal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • NERD:690

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

What do you guys think?
"Aces Charles, Aces"

#2 bethany6788

bethany6788

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • NERD:840

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:19 AM

He was awake. His dad was never in any of his dreams. Plus he saw the kids faces.

Plus I'm pretty sure Michael Caine did an interview where he said it was real at the end, not the dream. :P
Sarah: You might as well have just posted about our fight on Friendster.
Chuck: Friendster? Honey, people stopped using Friendster five years ago

#3 christina

christina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationDC Metro area
  • NERD:589

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:18 AM

Bethany, I heard about that Michael Caine interview as well but I'm not sure if it was just his opinion or fact. Either way, I also think that it was real at the end.

#4 Guest_Kent_*

Guest_Kent_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:21 AM

He was dreaming the entire time. The whole movie takes place inside his limbo. It's not his totem so it would never work for him. His wife was correct and she got out when she jumped out that window. They explain the rules of how everything works very clearly. The top is his wife's totem... each totem belongs to the user alone and nobody else...

#5 kortneyspaeth

kortneyspaeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowda
  • NERD:254

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

He was dreaming in my opinion. At the end, even though he saw his kids' faces, they were the exact same age and in the same clothing as they were in his dream. He just finally let himself see their faces as he remembered them.
More NERDology and Chuckness on my twitter! @kortneyspaeth
Also check out my tumblr! puttingthefunindysfunctional

#6 Guest_Kent_*

Guest_Kent_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:22 AM

He was dreaming in my opinion. At the end, even though he saw his kids' faces, they were the exact same age and in the same clothing as they were in his dream. He just finally let himself see their faces as he remembered them.

Actually they weren't the same age. In the credits there are two sets of kids cast and different ages. But he was still dreaming... he was ALWAYS dreaming.

#7 Mendozacheers

Mendozacheers

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationBlack Mesa
  • NERD:1293

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

I think he was awake, but it would do a quite interesting sequel if he wasn't...

#8 Siris

Siris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain
  • NERD:593

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

Another vote for awake, only because is more... optimist XD
“Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out” - Martin Scorsese

#9 Guest_Kent_*

Guest_Kent_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

I love how everyone is picking awake despite the fact the film straight up say the top doesn't matter because it's not his totem...

#10 tarzapam

tarzapam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • NERD:437

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

i voted dreaming...mainly cause i thought the totem continued spinning right up till the credits(despite a subtle wobble :P)
Posted Image

#11 Girlinthechucks

Girlinthechucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • NERD:578

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

He was awake. His dad was never in any of his dreams. Plus he saw the kids faces.

thats exactly what i keep saying. his dad was never in the dreams. so i think he was awake. but i can't wait to see it again, to see if i think the same thing. either way...best movie ive seen in a while! it was brilliant. =D
Posted Image

]I'm just a llittle bit of dis-nerd. nay, I'm a MASSIVE dis-nerd. :) <3 Tweettweet
Tumblr
Blog

#12 Guest_Kent_*

Guest_Kent_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

thats exactly what i keep saying. his dad was never in the dreams. so i think he was awake. but i can't wait to see it again, to see if i think the same thing. either way...best movie ive seen in a while! it was brilliant. =D

Both of these theories are yet again wrong since the whole film is in one level of a dream. How did his father teach a class in the UK and then raise his son's kids in LA... that alone makes no sense.

#13 Findus

Findus

Buy More Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3034 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • NERD:1421

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

I don't think there is a for sure correct answer to this question. But if there is, I would say he's awake.

#14 christina

christina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationDC Metro area
  • NERD:589

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

I ended up seeing it four times and every time I left the theater thinking it was all real. One really interesting thing was that he only wore his wedding ring when he was in the dream. However, it's impossible to tell if he's wearing it or not in that last scene.

#15 kortneyspaeth

kortneyspaeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowda
  • NERD:254

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

Actually they weren't the same age. In the credits there are two sets of kids cast and different ages. But he was still dreaming... he was ALWAYS dreaming.

I stand corrected, then. However, I did have this theory and Entertainment Weekly had the same idea. I'm not alone! :)
More NERDology and Chuckness on my twitter! @kortneyspaeth
Also check out my tumblr! puttingthefunindysfunctional

#16 Girlinthechucks

Girlinthechucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:31 AM

I am starting a new forum, cuz i can't find the poll about the ending. I was browsing for the release date of the DVD, and found this article. It's very interesting. So for any of you who are interested. Check it out. I found it very interesting. So let me know what you think. I skimmed it, didn't read the entire article yet, since I am watching another great movie right now...Star Trek :-)

Here you all go! Let me know your thoughts! :rolleyes:

http://screenrant.com/inception-spoilers-discussion-kofi-68330/
Posted Image

]I'm just a llittle bit of dis-nerd. nay, I'm a MASSIVE dis-nerd. :) <3 Tweettweet
Tumblr
Blog

#17 Girlinthechucks

Girlinthechucks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:41 AM

I started a new forum, cuz this wasn't showing up in my content. but ill post it here too...here's a good inception article. :-)

http://screenrant.com/inception-spoilers-discussion-kofi-68330/
Posted Image

Tumblr
Blog

#18 Aidenn

Aidenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationBay City, MI
  • NERD:129

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

I love how everyone is picking awake despite the fact the film straight up say the top doesn't matter because it's not his totem...

It doesn't matter if the top was originally his totem or not. The whole point of creating a totem is so that only you know the individual properties of the item. Technically, he was the only person who knew this, as Mal had passed away. This warrents him being able to use it. If you suggest that he never actually held the totem you would, in fact, be incorrect. When Mal and Cobb are in their limbo they allow the train to kill them, killing yourself wakes you up. So everything after that (in the flashbacks) is definitely reality. Mal killing herself is reality. That's when Cobb takes her totem as his own. So again, Cobb using Mal's totem is completely legit.

-Aidenn
Posted Image

#19 keyairia

keyairia

Spectre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1418 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel
  • NERD:723

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

thanks for posting this.
that's the ending that i though actually happened. that he woke up from his dream world.
though there was one guy on here that was stating his theory about that the whole thing was a dream right from the beginning. but i'd have to watch it again. i only saw it once. so i couldn't recall a lot of what happen and go in depth. but i did like how the article explained the rules and all the players involved.

and i was like "people on the nerd machine understand me!!!"

Posted Image
twitter || tumblr || deviantart || google + || gamertag^

#20 Aidenn

Aidenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationBay City, MI
  • NERD:129

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I ended up seeing it four times and every time I left the theater thinking it was all real. One really interesting thing was that he only wore his wedding ring when he was in the dream. However, it's impossible to tell if he's wearing it or not in that last scene.

He is NOT wearing his ring in the airport, after exiting the plane and going through customs. So while they do not give a clear shot of his hand during that final scene, in the scene before that he doesn't have the ring on.

-Aidenn
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users