Photo

Pocket dump! Or, your EDC (Every Day Carry) items (not just in pockets)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 NΕRD

NΕRD

Этo курaм нa смex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1990 posts
  • NERD:563

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

Here's what I usually have with me (taken w/ my LG Shine, which isn't pictured - part of the motivation to get one was sorta 'cuz of an Iron Man tie-in and promos, and I figured, if it looks like something Stark would use, then it'll be decent enough for me, lol).

And the list from top to bottom, startin' on the left:
  • Passat keyfob (which I kinda think is cool/gadget-y, since ya don't ever use a cut key)
  • Leatherman Micra (have had it for at least 7-8 years, iirc - the scissors are kinda stickin' and not opening very well; I wanna get it cleaned up and in working order again)
  • Generic multitool (this one's Brookstone-branded, and was $10 cheaper than the equivalent Eddie Bauer-branded one - got it when I left the micra home to catch a flight, and couldn't remember where I left it for a spell - like it for the pliers and LED light, which the micra doesn't have)
  • Fisher Millennium (or 2010) spacepen (had one since '98)
  • Inka Titanium pen (attached to the outta-picture keyring - got one for half the MSRP on that one auction site)
  • Chapstick
  • 2GB flash drive from Kingston (a hand-me-down)
  • Tungsten ring (based on the disdyakis triacontahedron, which I got from Ed Pegg, Jr. - who was also a consultant for NUMB3RS - see the August entry here; I usually have it in the middle of the basic pull-apart keyring, 'cuz I thought 'twas cool to have a ring made of tungsten, but it's too flashy to wear for any amount of time, yet I had to justify havin' it, so I keep it close so every once in a while I can show folks a dense ring which keeps its mirror finish, even in a pocket full of keys)
  • just a stone I picked up that kinda gets polished 'cuz it's in the pocket with the keys and multitools
  • wallet
  • watchView Post (did the 10:10 deal again... :rolleyes:)
Now you're up! Share your pocket dump (or EDC bag o' gadgets, if ya keep with ya more than just what's in pockets).* And also at least list the stuff you keep with you, too, 'kay (and tell if it's the pretty routine EDC items or if ya carry different stuff depending on the activities)? Thought it would be cool to see what others carry with 'em, which helps give ideas of cool tech/gadgets to check out. :D

Also, kinda related - in Stargate Atlantis, the folks knew that they'd be in another galaxy for a spell, and they were only allowed 2 personal items... If you were faced with the choice of only havin' 2 personal items to bring with you for some extended time away and outta touch with home, what would you choose? You could also figure that there was a way to power your electronics, or there was somehow an unlimited supply of batteries, so ya don't hafta worry about those details...

At the time (6 years ago, when the query was relevant), I said that I'd bring my Tapwave Zodiac 2 (which was a multimedia gaming pda - see more here, if ya want - and trivia? I got Judie's Z2 for a friend when she moved on to another piece o' hardware), because on it, I had my photos, music, videos, video games, scriptures, ebooks and the PIM apps. You could use wi-fi with an sd card (and it had two sd card slots), and, with the developers makin' awesome apps for it, it was definitely useful to keep around. The not-usually-removeable-by-a-user battery died on it a few years ago, though, but I received a new battery for it as a present last year, and I'm thinkin' of revivin' it. I mean, I had protective cases and a bunch of accessories for it, so I have it customized pretty much the way I like it, and it's really only relatively recently (in terms of tech advancements) that other handhelds have really evolved and surpassed its specs - like the iPod Touch has more memory, 2 cameras, a faster processor, a better touchscreen, wi-fi built-in, etc., and so I suppose I still like the Z 'cuz it was ahead of its time.

Anyway, my choices back when SGA started (tangent - it's a bummer that the SG franchises will be done after this seasonView Post :() were, first, the Z2 and second, the Millennium spacepen, 'cuz it seems it's always handy to have a pen for communicatin'View Post, and the Millennium's dependable and has enough ink to last the average user an estimated 50 years (iirc - or was it 80?). What was fun was that SG1 and SGA both used the Zodiacs as high-tech props for various pieces of equipment and it was fun to see what alien or classified tech it was gonna be used as next. And I liked that you could see one in one of my fave eps of SGA, "Hide and Seek". But I digress...

If I were asked the question now? I suppose that the 2 personal items I'd have with me are the 4th Gen iPod Touch (courtesy of Tower PrepView Post ^_^), for many of the same reasons I'd have the Zodiac, and still, the Millennium Spacepen. What about you?

B)

*Got the idea from threads like this one, which you can see at various EDC forums, 'cuz there, it's all about the gear. Just wanted to see NERDy folks sharin' their stuff... :)

What's in a Name? | Avatar & Sig? | Gender & Age Poll | NERD Demos | NERD # properties | Spread the NERD? | NERDworking!
Posted Image
[backlit and w/ a minor change mentioned hereView Post (& other variations)]
How do ya stay healthy? | Hang out @ The Usual Spot or The NERD Hangout | ^<v | Guilty pleasures?
I have: Chuck's chucks, his TRON poster (after a tradeView Post w/ luckypeter93View Post), the red NERD Herd landline phone, the Rubik's Cube from Chuck's Stanford items box,
the Irene Demova virus, Morgan's jug of orange juice from Sarah, Chuck's NERD Herd tie, the racing seat in his living room and Roan Montgomery's martini glass

#2 Cetel

Cetel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBrussels
  • NERD:1320

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

Strange idea but... OK! This is what I have in my 'bag', because I hate to wear things in my pockets...

Posted Image

List from left to right, top to bottom:

• Wallet (a gift from my younger sister-in-law).
  • Driver license & parking card (in Brussels, in some neighborhoods is necessary if you want to leave the car at the street).
  • USB Memory 'key', 2 Gb (inside I have some code projects and books in PDF).
  • My cellphone, HTC Magic.
  • STIB card (for public transport including bus, metro and tram).
  • Drugs (I used to have anxiety attacks, but nowadays I'm better).
  • Apartment keys & car keys (not in the photo, I forgot).
I never use a watch and I only wear one ring but is always in my right hand (but it is suposed to go on the left hand I don't know exactly why).

#3 NΕRD

NΕRD

Этo курaм нa смex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1990 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

Cetel - You keep it more simple than me, and have some more cards as well... Is the memory key bigger than an SD card?

Also, what about the related question, which is somethin' like this: If you were faced with the choice of only havin' 2 personal items to bring with you for some extended time away and outta touch with home, what would you choose?

Oh, and I think that stuff like toothbrushes are exempt...

What's in a Name? | Avatar & Sig? | Gender & Age Poll | NERD Demos | NERD # properties | Spread the NERD? | NERDworking!
Posted Image
How do ya stay healthy? | Hang out @ The Usual Spot or The NERD Hangout | ^<v | Guilty pleasures?
I have: Chuck's chucks, his TRON poster (after a tradeView Post w/ luckypeter93View Post), the red NERD Herd landline phone, the Rubik's Cube from Chuck's Stanford items box,
the Irene Demova virus, Morgan's jug of orange juice from Sarah, Chuck's NERD Herd tie, the racing seat in his living room and Roan Montgomery's martini glass

#4 Cetel

Cetel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBrussels
  • NERD:1320

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

Cetel - You keep it more simple than me, and have some more cards as well... Is the memory key bigger than an SD card?

Also, what about the related question, which is somethin' like this: If you were faced with the choice of only havin' 2 personal items to bring with you for some extended time away and outta touch with home, what would you choose?

Oh, and I think that stuff like toothbrushes are exempt...

Sorry, I forgot the question Posted Image

The usb key is bigger than a SD Card, but not too much, just a little bit. And if I have more card is just because everything here need cards! Indeed I didn't put in the package my security badge, necessary to enter in my office. I'm not use to have with me tools or knives for instance.

And about the question... I'll choice my phone (games, wifi, music, pictures, videos) and... and... damn, my wife is right! Give me something like a PC and it's all I need... well, maybe I can have my pills, make me feel safe...

#5 may.the.nerd.b.with.u

may.the.nerd.b.with.u

Inspector Space-Time

• Chat Moderators
  • 2154 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • NERD:486

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

I'll have mine up tomorrow
Twitter: PGStardestroyeR

#6 leafshino

leafshino

CTFxCer, Video Gamer, Anglophile, Japanophile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Sol 3
  • NERD:2920

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

Here's what I usually carry with me:
Posted Image

• Mobile - Samsung Genio Touch/Corby (Thinking of getting a different phone when I renew my contract next year)
  • Golla Mobile Bag - Has just enough room for my phone, earbuds, and extra cash.
  • Wallet - I usually don't really hold cash, just my ID, debit card, and several membership cards.
  • House & Mail box keys (with Buy More/Chuck keychain)
  • Nerd Herd badge holder
  • Nerd Herd & Buy More lanyard - Use it to hang my Golla mobile bag. I alternate between the two.
  • Earbuds - The ones that came with my phone. They're pretty decent.

#7 Tommy25

Tommy25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada
  • NERD:4792

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who have a fetish objet, an object you always have with you!?
This topic is very sample, I just want to know which objet you can't live without. An object you always have with you, in your pocket or where ever!
For me it's my Ipod touch, it's not original but all my life is in this little thing, pictures, musics, I can also chat with my friend with that... did I said my musics!?
I have a little yellow ball and a pen too(I don't know why but they are essential for me).

I'm impatient to know yours!
Sorry everybody, I'm not very good in English but I will give all I have to make good sentences.

#8 may.the.nerd.b.with.u

may.the.nerd.b.with.u

Inspector Space-Time

• Chat Moderators
  • 2154 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • NERD:486

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

My ipod touch for the same reason as you and my FLYNN'S ARCADE game token
Twitter: PGStardestroyeR

#9 NΕRD

NΕRD

Этo курaм нa смex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1990 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who have an object you always have with you!?
This topic is very sample, I just want to know which objet you can't live without. An object you always have with you, in your pocket or where ever!
I'm impatient to know yours!

If ya wanna know, then check out this thread... ;)

B)

Posted Image

#10 Michellern78

Michellern78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • NERD:862

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

My iPhone, I feel naked with out it!

#11 Asta

Asta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • LocationIceland
  • NERD:4021

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

my phone, extra chewing gum :) ... or just my purce/bag with all that I could need, and often some extra ;)
  • “Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.” - Marilyn Monroe
  • Wether you think you can do it or not, you are right

Tumblr

#12 Rizzee

Rizzee

Li(f)e

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • NERD:3842

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

Ipod touch with my headphones

and my hat as well :mellow:

My Tumblr - My Twitter

SDCC 2013

#13 Karl

Karl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationBridgend, Aberystwyth Uni (Both in Wales)
  • NERD:3404

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

If I'm going out - phone, key, money.

Most of the time I have my iPod too, unless I'm going out in the night, so it'd be pointless taking it.

Posted Image

And I have my reasons, the change of the seasons do nothing to change what I see.
Continue to bloom, shine like the moon, you’re the lunar tide affecting my sea.

My Tumblr, please follow. :)

My Twitter

#14 Teo

Teo

Courier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • NERD:5936

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Only thing I can't do without is my PC and other things to me are just things.
Posted Image
I SWEAR BY MY PRETTY FLORAL BONNET, I WILL END YOU.

#15 Mikel

Mikel

Rainbows, butterflies and sledgehammers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationGray areas, always been there
  • NERD:6566

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

my ipod(i'd rather leave my car keys, wallet, laptop), and my awesomeness(not really) :lol:

Freedom of speech is when you can shout "theater" in a crowded fire

Tumblr
Twitter

PTM #23 - BaconWithRabies

#16 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • NERD:123

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

We do have a topic for this, so I'll merge them :)

#17 captkerageous

captkerageous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationA place with kangaroos and koalas
  • NERD:6015

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

Phone, Wallet, iPod, Keys, lip balm oh and watch those are the essentials...

But I also carry Eclipse mints, Pen, step counter, iPod cable, and iPad whenever I have a bag with me as well.
Posted Image
Viva La Nerdolution! @captkerageous on Twitter!

Xbox Live: captkerageous
PSN: captkerageous

#18 gone away

gone away

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • NERD:2412

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

This is an interesting topic!

lets see... I have, in my bag (no pictures though, I'm typing this on my kindle):
- epi-pen and asthma inhaler
- wallet
- keychain (includes an eiffel tower keychain, a canadian moose keychain, glow in the dark whistle, a bottle opener, flashlight, a BC Ferries lanyard, and a loonie with a hole drilled in it)
- regular ballpoint pen
- Blackberry Curve
- Kershaw Scallion knife
- chapstick
- Claire Fontaine tiny notebook
- Moleskine micro daytimer
- car key
- ipod shuffle and earbuds

I would need my Blackberry and a multitool like my Leatherman Wave (which I don't normally carry cause it doesn't fit in my bag)

#19 DaydreamingDays

DaydreamingDays

Daydreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3223 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands
  • NERD:5592

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

I usually have way too much stuff with me.. but let me see

I always have a watch with me
My phone
my mp3 player
my wallet
a nailclipper (some would say why but people always come asking to borrow it)
my public transport card
A hankerchief (I have way too many allergies)
my keys (+ over 10 keyrings added to it from my various trips)
When wearing my contacts some cleaning fluid
lipgloss
pen
pocketmirror

My schoolbag further is stuffed with
a stapler (trust me it has come in very handy)
sticky tape
markers
deo
keychord
lipbalm
E-reader

think that's it

The two personal things would be those things that I can't fit in my pockets.. so that would be my e-reader I think and a couple of note pads!
And here I thought there was not another single person on the planet who was like me or liked the things I did but in fact we've all been waiting for our fearless leader Zac to set up the Nerd machine so we could all connect!

#20 SuperGrl

SuperGrl

Double O-7 Status

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • NERD:4264

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:51 AM

Phone (Motorola Android)
Wallet (with Driver's License, CC, $$)
Work ID badge