Kixwy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCA
  • NERD:17168

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Yes, ours will be a "Chuck Private" tour, meaning it is nothing but Chuck sets. The public tour is an overall tour of the WB studios, with sets from Friends, Pretty Little Liars, the WB museum, and whatever else is filming there at the time. The WB does the private tour as a courtesy to Chuck fans, as it's not advertised. The public tours do get to see a few Chuck sets if they are available, but it just depends. The private tours require a lot more prep work and man power, especially since we are taking 4 of their guides for half the day. I hope this answers your question!

Holy crap! Even more awesome than I originally thought! Woot!!!!
NerdHerd8 FTW

Only a true nerd can work plate tectonics and the Mason-Dixon Line into a single sentence and think it's totally normal.

@Kixwy

#42 Anjosie

Anjosie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • NERD:8818

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

The tour is more than worth it whether it is Chuck-only or the normal tour. I took the Chuck-only tour last year with Chuckfest 2 folks (visited Stage 17 - Buy More set) and took the regular WB tour earlier this year (we visited the stage where Harry's Law filmed).

See, so if you can't get on the Chuck tour this time, consider just going on the normal tour.

#43 Jonathan

Jonathan

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationThe OC
  • NERD:147

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

So everybody, I just confirmed, got that single spot. I can't wait to meet everyone!

Nerd Herd 8.5

Posted Image

#44 BustAGroove

BustAGroove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Gabriel Valley, CA
  • NERD:14248

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

You've been forewarned that if you access my "Discovering Americana" FaceBook Album that there's picture spoilers. So, if you want to experience the VIP Tour first hand, don't peek inside the album. ;)

Recently, I went on a Warner Bros. Studio VIP Tour and got a chance to see movie props, costumes and/or sound stages of my favorite TV show: Chuck and I focused on film-related artifacts from these films: Inception, The Matrix series, Batman: The Dark Knight and Watchmen. Unfortunately, the Warner Bros. Museum doesn't allow video or photography to be taken by tour guests, so I made several repeat visits to view to the Inception and Matrix costumes.

I hosted a "Discovering Americana" (FaceBook photo album) series of events on, you guessed it: Columbus Day. I started off with the Warner Bros. VIP tour. On the day that I went, we got to see production filming of "Chuck" episode 8 and saw "Sarah Walker" (Yvonne) in the scene. We weren't allowed to take any pictures but were given some background on what was being filmed. After the tour, we then traveled to Hollywood to dine on American comfort food lunch, watched Ides of March movie (political drama about primary election for president starring George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, etc.) and ended the day with dining at a restaurant with its' specialty of American comfort food with delicious and "I wouldn't of thought of that" twists.

#45 RandomPenguin

RandomPenguin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • NERD:3765

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

Two weeks!! I am so excited :D

#46 nvrpromise

nvrpromise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationFullerton, CA
  • NERD:5835

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Three days away! Get excited!

The forecast is calling for possible rain and I spoke with the WB and they HIGHLY recommend raincoats or ponchos. The tour is about 50% inside and 50% outside and the carts (while they have roofs) don't have any sides so the seats will get wet if it does rain and you don't want to end up cold and miserable. They sell ponchos in the store but if you'd like to save some money, bring your own from home. So basically, layer and bring something waterproof to wear.

Thanks and we'll see you on Friday!

#47 canuckss16

canuckss16

Awesome Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6592 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB, Canada
  • NERD:8212

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

This is upsetting. I'm probably visiting the area in February and had planned on doing the tour!
Posted Image
#FIREFILLION

#48 Jonathan

Jonathan

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationThe OC

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Less than 24 hours everybody!!!!! We're going to PARTYYYYYYY in Burbank ;)

Nerd Herd 8.5

Posted Image

#49 RandomPenguin

RandomPenguin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • NERD:3765

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

Less than 24 hours everybody!!!!! We're going to PARTYYYYYYY in Burbank ;)

WOOT WOOT! :nyan:

#50 Jonathan

Jonathan

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationThe OC

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

I can't wait to meet you all! That will be one great time!

Nerd Herd 8.5

Posted Image

#51 BuyMoreFan

BuyMoreFan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • NERD:13666

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

Can't wait. This is going to be fun. :) For those of you that might be staying longer in Burbank. tvtickets . com has some tickets available for a 530pm taping of "Are you there,Vodka? It's me,Chelsea". From what I read,its a new sitcom that's going to be on ABC and its being filmed at the WB lot. So I might go.

#52 dizkneegirl

dizkneegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationThe Mouse House
  • NERD:507

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

Yay! See you all there! Rain or shine, it will be a great time!!!
Posted Image

What Would Chuck Do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users