#1 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • NERD:123

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

Okay, I cannot create new sections so I can't move topics to Off Topic for example...because we don't have an off topic section! However, let me know if there are any topics you see that should be merged with others or locked. I am currently locking some, but the forum is very messy so I might miss some!
So just link me to the topics you think should me merged/locked :) I am on here many, many hours of the day so I can do it pretty quickly!

#2 Tebroc

Tebroc

Clive, the 6502 Microcode Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • NERD:607

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

all the twitter ones lol.

#3 Mendozacheers

Mendozacheers

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationBlack Mesa
  • NERD:1293

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Well there's a ton of 'em, all the (as Tebroc said) twitter duplications, all the Chuck duplications, all the TRON duplications, all the Tangled duplications, all the old threads that got their subject in another thread. etc etc =P

#4 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

working on it now....just searching through the gazillions of threads to find them all haha

#5 Katy

Katy

SAUCY!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • NERD:126

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

I'm so glad there are some mods now! Excellent news Hayley :)

I was starting to get put off coming because everything was getting a bit messy :(

I think the TV forum is in desperate need of a tidy up - almost everything in there has a duplicate - psych, firefly, buffy etc. Maybe Chuck needs a separate forum all of its own, because although there are a lot of Chuck threads most of them are about distinct topics. I know there are two iPad threads in the tech forum... Happy to help put a proper list together if you need a hand. :)

#6 Guest_EmmaNinjaNerd_*

Guest_EmmaNinjaNerd_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

Woooooooo Hayley!!! Loving the new flashy badge :P xxx

#7 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

hehe thanks! Well I think I got all the Tangled ones merged. Found 2 twitter ones, which is now merged into one and can be found in the technology section for now.
Any lists are welcome! Will go find those ipad ones now if I can (they better not be hiding...!)

#8 Findus

Findus

Buy More Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3034 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • NERD:1421

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Maybe Chuck needs a separate forum all of its own, because although there are a lot of Chuck threads most of them are about distinct topics.

I think that's a good idea. There are many and there are probably going to be many many more threads about Chuck.

I've seen forums that have one separate spoiler & speculation section and also a separate episode discussion section. We probably don't need it here but I think it's worth a thought anyways.

Now I realize this should be posted in the "New sections" thread, just wanted to comment Katy's idea :)

#9 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

I agree with you. I won't merge or lock the Chuck topics as I think it having it's own subforum would be better...I'll add it to the new board suggestions list!

#10 masarath

masarath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • NERD:181

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

I think that's a good idea. There are many and there are probably going to be many many more threads about Chuck.

I've seen forums that have one separate spoiler & speculation section and also a separate episode discussion section. We probably don't need it here but I think it's worth a thought anyways.

Spoiler and Spoiler free sections are good ideas. I'm on the East Coast, so I'm among the first to see the new eps, but I know others don't have that privilege.
If everything is awesome, and there is no unawesome, then awesome by definition is just mediocre!

#11 Tebroc

Tebroc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

i think for the tv shows that are popular on the boards (at the moment its chuck) you should have all the threads spoiler free bar one which could be like a general spoiler chat and pinned. of course this would mean the famous shows having their own little sub section.

#12 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

okay, so a subforum for Chuck but maybe One topic called "Chuck Spoilers" or something, where ONLY spoilers get posted in there. Rest of the Chuck chat goes in the Chuck subforum (but no spoilers!)?

#13 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

I have cleaned up the double TV threads (currently checking again!). It won't look 100% tidy until we get new sections and some topics can me moved then. So far we have these suggested: SUBFORUM SUGGESTIONS

#14 Tebroc

Tebroc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

okay, so a subforum for Chuck but maybe One topic called "Chuck Spoilers" or something, where ONLY spoilers get posted in there. Rest of the Chuck chat goes in the Chuck subforum (but no spoilers!)?

yeah. or general spoiler chat(obviosuly it will be about chuck because it would be in the chuck forum lol) or 2 topics. one for the spoiler info and links with no chat and the other for chatting about said spoilers.

#15 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

yeah. or general spoiler chat(obviosuly it will be about chuck because it would be in the chuck forum lol) or 2 topics. one for the spoiler info and links with no chat and the other for chatting about said spoilers.

got it! Will add to the list :)

#16 Katy

Katy

SAUCY!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • NERD:126

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

I have cleaned up the double TV threads (currently checking again!). It won't look 100% tidy until we get new sections and some topics can me moved then. So far we have these suggested: SUBFORUM SUGGESTIONS

That's excellent! Thanks so much Hayley :)

#17 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

That's excellent! Thanks so much Hayley :)

No problem :)

#18 Sofia

Sofia

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • LocationGothenburg/Göteborg, Sweden
  • NERD:562

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

Thank you Hayley! It's a great job you're doing here :)

Peace appeals to the hearts; studies to the brain. Both are needed, indeed indispensable. But equally indispensable is a valid link between brain and heart. And that, in a nutshell, is what peace studies and peace practice are all about." ~ Johan Galtung

#19 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Thank you Hayley! It's a great job you're doing here :)

awww thankyou, that is super nice of you to say!

#20 Findus

Findus

Buy More Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3034 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • NERD:1421

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

I agree with you. I won't merge or lock the Chuck topics as I think it having it's own subforum would be better...I'll add it to the new board suggestions list!

Great, thanks!

About the clean up, there are also two threads about Inception. One of them is called "Did the top stop spinning?" though, but I think that discussion rather should be continued in the other Inception thread. One thread per movie is enough in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users