Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • NERD:123

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Great, thanks!

About the clean up, there are also two threads about Inception. One of them is called "Did the top stop spinning?" though, but I think that discussion rather should be continued in the other Inception thread. One thread per movie is enough in my opinion.

Thanks for letting me know -will merge now!

#22 Sofia

Sofia

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • LocationGothenburg/Göteborg, Sweden
  • NERD:562

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

awww thankyou, that is super nice of you to say!

I really appreciate what you're doing here! :D

Peace appeals to the hearts; studies to the brain. Both are needed, indeed indispensable. But equally indispensable is a valid link between brain and heart. And that, in a nutshell, is what peace studies and peace practice are all about." ~ Johan Galtung

#23 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

I really appreciate what you're doing here! :D

well you're very kind! I just want to get it all tidy and cleaned up a bit to make it easier for us to use!

#24 Sofia

Sofia

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

well you're very kind! I just want to get it all tidy and cleaned up a bit to make it easier for us to use!

No worries! I just felt that we sometimes forget to tell people that they are doing a great job and it's important to show your appreciation...that's all :) And this place really need to be cleaned up, it's a little bit confusing when you're looking around at the different forum sections...but it's a new site and it'll probably grow in time.

Peace appeals to the hearts; studies to the brain. Both are needed, indeed indispensable. But equally indispensable is a valid link between brain and heart. And that, in a nutshell, is what peace studies and peace practice are all about." ~ Johan Galtung

#25 cattycat13

cattycat13

watcher on the walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1621 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • NERD:150

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

Congrats on mod position Hayley!! :D
Posted Image
"Don't freak out!"
"This is Chuck. We never say die!"

@cattycat13 | Google+ | Tumblr | YouTube

#26 NikosCharles

NikosCharles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • NERD:1679

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

Since your a moderator now, fix something for me.
I have noticed that there is no key "back to top" in posts so you have to scroll yourself up. (annoying)

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout<<"I'm a professional NERD!\n";
cin.get();

return 1;
}

simple c++ code. Try it out :)

#27 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

well thankyou very much, you're all so kind!

@NikosCharles If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, there is a link that says "Back To Top" :)

#28 Mendozacheers

Mendozacheers

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationBlack Mesa
  • NERD:1293

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

well thankyou very much, you're all so kind!

@NikosCharles If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, there is a link that says "Back To Top" :)

Haha ironic, being in the middle of the page, scrolling down, scrolling down, click "to the top" ^^ voila!

#29 Joice

Joice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationCalama, Chile
  • NERD:158

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:20 AM

Congrats Hayley!!!!

I appreciate what you do for the forum, it was getting a bit messy.

I was thinking that besides to have a Chuck forum (parallel to movies, games, TV and music), maybe create a forum for all Zachary Levi related (let's say, the man himself, where people can discuss his new movies, photos, his singing and stuff like that)

best wishes!!!!

9h3vwk.jpg

JoiceRojo
Watashi wa Awaji-san to kekkon shitai desu

Proud fan of acid android & yukihiro

#30 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:37 AM

Congrats Hayley!!!!

I appreciate what you do for the forum, it was getting a bit messy.

I was thinking that besides to have a Chuck forum (parallel to movies, games, TV and music), maybe create a forum for all Zachary Levi related (let's say, the man himself, where people can discuss his new movies, photos, his singing and stuff like that)

best wishes!!!!

Thanks!! :)
I'll mention this over HERE.

#31 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationParis
  • NERD:1382

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

Finally ! there are moderators !!! :D

You have a lot of work to do now ahaha But you're doing great ! Thanks a lot !
Viva el Buy-More ! // Moderator Chuck-France.net // "Follow moi...!"

#32 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Finally ! there are moderators !!! :D

You have a lot of work to do now ahaha But you're doing great ! Thanks a lot !

Thankyou! I am on the forum pretty much all day, so I have the time LOL
Once we get the new subforums added (if the admins accept), I can move the topics to the correct area and it'll look nice and tidy again :)

#33 Hoggleton

Hoggleton

Capt. Bucky O'Hare!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationReading, UK
  • NERD:184

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

Okay, I cannot create new sections so I can't move topics to Off Topic for example...because we don't have an off topic section! However, let me know if there are any topics you see that should be merged with others or locked. I am currently locking some, but the forum is very messy so I might miss some!
So just link me to the topics you think should me merged/locked :) I am on here many, many hours of the day so I can do it pretty quickly!

I noticed there were a couple of Doctor Who ones. However you may have spotted those by now. :D
"I came here to Drink Milk and Kick Ass.... And I've just finished my milk."
"I'm not a window cleaner!!!"

James

@Hoggleton on Twitter Hoggleton on Facebook

Apple Nerd. Apple MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 750 GB WD Black 7200RPM HDD. iPhone 4 16GB, iPad 2 Black 64GB WiFi, Apple TV2, iPod Classic Black 120GB, and an iMac G3 750MHz G3, 40GB HDD, 1GB RAM.

#34 Sofia

Sofia

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hayley! I've just noticed that "New Members, please read" isn't at the top in the welcome section. I know it's because other topics have been more active than that one, but shouldn't it be the first thing you see when you entering that forum? I was just thinking!

#35 Mendozacheers

Mendozacheers

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationBlack Mesa

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hayley! I've just noticed that "New Members, please read" isn't at the top in the welcome section. I know it's because other topics have been more active than that one, but shouldn't it be the first thing you see when you entering that forum? I was just thinking!

Agree, and I'm gonna complain a little about pinning threads. Only Really Really important threads should be pinned, Surveys isn't important unless its an actual Survey from the admins so they can calculate stuff (like how many have purchased nerd machine apparel?). Pinning is, just what Sofia said, to get the most important threads to the top!

#36 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

Agree, and I'm gonna complain a little about pinning threads. Only Really Really important threads should be pinned, Surveys isn't important unless its an actual Survey from the admins so they can calculate stuff (like how many have purchased nerd machine apparel?). Pinning is, just what Sofia said, to get the most important threads to the top!

I was asked to Pin those threads by Nerd...but I can always unpin them.

#37 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Okies, looks like it's all done, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting now to see if we get the new sections and the cleanup can begin!!
Let me know if I have missed any double topics :)

#38 Mendozacheers

Mendozacheers

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationBlack Mesa

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

I was asked to Pin those threads by Nerd...but I can always unpin them.

Ah now comes the tricky part, as a moderator you should indeed listen to what the nerds says, *changing to Yoda voice* But to make important decision also you need. Young Padawan, mhmm yeesss! Posted Image

#39 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

yep, that's cool!I am not a big fan of pinning things anyway unless they are an important announcement.

#40 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy
  • NERD:769

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

Here there's another thread where someone suggest an off topic setion:

http://www.thenerdmachine.com/community/topic/497-off-topic-section/

a part from the new sections you're proposing and I think you're having such great ideas I hope you'll see them all realized, there are, as lots of you noticed, a lot of mess around here! David ans Zac are obviously busy with the site and I'm here to help Hayley to keep this place in order so, if there's something to do just let me know that I'm here to help! I have tons of ideas but I'm just arrived and I don't wanna start with the wrong foot so tell me if you like them!

First of all I would like to reaorganize Television and Movie section and expand this also to ators, actresses and directors (just to not create a section only for them but, if you like it and the big boss agree XD ... that's an idea!) then I decided to merge all the discussion that have the same subject for example, all the discussions about Chuck! Ok, it's THE show for us but since it doesn't have a whole section just for it I think that's more useful for everyone to have 1 thread for each movie/show. Then open a sticky post with the links of all the discussion opened so far so that if you're searching for something you can easily find it and avoid to open double thread!

Hope it's ok for all of you because, ok, our goal is to have fun but we have to have a logc here and allow newbie to understand how things works and if they want to write something know where to do that and, last but not least, I would like to do a FAQ thread with a short guide to how use this place. How to open a new discussion, change the avatar, signature and all the basic stff like that! Then we can keep this thread for suggestions because it's our board and we're open to all yours suggestions! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users