Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • NERD:123

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Hey Cinzia!
Yeah we decided to have a subforum for Chuck rather than merging those: http://www.thenerdmachine.com/community/topic/597-new-sections/

A FAQ is probably a good idea!

#42 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy
  • NERD:769

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

So you already decided for a subforum about Chuck!? I think it's a great idea! Let me know what about actors, actresses and directors, we keep it into movie section or we propose a new one!? I'm still scared to something because I don't wanna mess things up but I have tons of ideas, I can't wait to make them real :P

#43 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

So you already decided for a subforum about Chuck!? I think it's a great idea! Let me know what about actors, actresses and directors, we keep it into movie section or we propose a new one!? I'm still scared to something because I don't wanna mess things up but I have tons of ideas, I can't wait to make them real :P

yep!
The list has already been sent to the admins (it was everyone here that decided on the list, I just edited it), so hopefully the admins will create the sections soon! If they get created, all you and I will need to do is to move the topics to the correct forum. All topics that had more than one (except Chuck as we requested a subforum) have been merged. So we just need need to wait now for the new sections to be created, then we can tidy this place up!

#44 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

:( uhm ... now I feel stupid because I didn't know that you already sent it and now I don't even know which section you request in particulat! See.... that's why I thought about a section for mods where we can talk about those kind of stuff, we can talk wit the bosses and we all know what others to otherwise happened those kind of awakward situation XD I still feel a newbie and I have all those ideas XD can you please tell me in private those kind of things!? XD Thanks in advance! ;)

#45 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

well it was last night and this morning, so you don't need to feel stupid!
We decided on this (as everyone decided that too many subforums is a little bit much)
So once these get set up, you and I will need to move the topics to the correct places :)

THE NERD MACHINE
Announcements and News (topic inside with RULES)

Member Introductions
-Staff Introductions (locked)
-Surveys

General Discussions
-Zachary Levi
-Education
-Tutorials

Support & Feedback
-Customer support (Concerning main site and store)
-Forum Support (Concerning the forum)
-Feedback (Complaints and ideas)

ENTERTAINMENT

Gaming
-Nintendo (wii, gameboy, gamecube, DS, etc etc)
-Xbox (Xbox 360, regular xbox, kinect)
-Playstation (PS3, PS2, PS, PSP)
-Computer (PC, MAC)
-Old School (Commodore, Amiga etc)
-Board Games

Television
-Chuck
-Past Shows

Movies
Technology
Music
Books & Comics
Sports

#46 pippiannie

pippiannie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • NERD:283

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

got it! Will add to the list :)

Wow- that's a lot of work! Thanks!
"I'm secure in my imperfections."

#47 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

wow! These are a lot of sections! I suggest, instead of past show ... tv shows in general and with these, one dedicated to single actors because I have a section like this in my board about Gilmore Girls and it's the most active of the all board now! A friend of mine who run a board about supernatural divided that section like this:

Movie
Tv shows (with Chuck as sub-section if it is possible to include it inside this)
Television
Actors/actresses/
Books & Magazines

I think something like that but if you already sent the list I think that is useless talk about it now ..... next time just tell me :(

#48 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

It wasn't me that decided, it was the members who made the list :)

#49 Mendozacheers

Mendozacheers

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationBlack Mesa
  • NERD:1293

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

wow! These are a lot of sections! I suggest, instead of past show ... tv shows in general and with these, one dedicated to single actors because I have a section like this in my board about Gilmore Girls and it's the most active of the all board now! A friend of mine who run a board about supernatural divided that section like this:

Movie
Tv shows (with Chuck as sub-section if it is possible to include it inside this)
Television
Actors/actresses/
Books & Magazines

I think something like that but if you already sent the list I think that is useless talk about it now ..... next time just tell me :(

I don't understand, what's the difference between Tv shows and television? and Is the actors/actresses in the Television section or an own one? why didn't you want the Past Shows sub-section?

#50 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Think that there's a thread for each thing so .... these are all sections and in television you put tv programs like the most famous at all, for example just to understand, Big Brothers, Dancing with the stars, stuff like that! These are not tv shows and are aired on tv.
To understand it better ... this is the board I'm talking about:
http://supernatural-....net/?f=2587593
it's easier to be seen than explained....

It wasn't me that decided, it was the members who made the list :)

I know but I'm asking you if you can tell me before send to the admin so I can say my opinion because now I can say everything I want but if the decision has been made, I feel useless! :( As I said, I have tons of ideas but I don't wanna mess thinkgs up! I think that the forum now is a mess and i wanna help out to reorganize it but we've to know what we're gonna do otherwise we'll mess it more! :P That's all! I didn't know you already sent it that's why I ask you if you can tell me first next time then you know I agree with all the decision you made!

#51 Findus

Findus

Buy More Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3034 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • NERD:1421

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

I think she wanted the TV shows to have a subsection for itself, since there are other things on television than just TV shows. I like that idea. But I also like the Past show subsection idea :)

EDIT - yeah, she got to explain it herself ;)

#52 Tebroc

Tebroc

Clive, the 6502 Microcode Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • NERD:607

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

:( uhm ... now I feel stupid because I didn't know that you already sent it and now I don't even know which section you request in particulat! See.... that's why I thought about a section for mods where we can talk about those kind of stuff, we can talk wit the bosses and we all know what others to otherwise happened those kind of awakward situation XD I still feel a newbie and I have all those ideas XD can you please tell me in private those kind of things!? XD Thanks in advance! ;)

if you dont mind me butting in, thats an excellent idea ^

every forum i have been on has one of those.

#53 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Of course Cinzia! But I didn't really have muhch input in the list, I left it to the members as I figure they are the ones who post here a lot, so they should have the forum set up as they would like to see it!
Trust me, you and I will have a lot to do when the sections get created!

#54 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

I think she wanted the TV shows to have a subsection for itself, since there are other things on television than just TV shows. I like that idea. But I also like the Past show subsection idea :)

EDIT - yeah, she got to explain it herself ;)

no no I mean a tv section and a tv shows section and if you want a subsection for past shows I think that this get things complicated because if you do that for past shows you need one even for the current and another one for the new or upcoming like fanforum has so the forum would be like

TV SHOWS
- PAST
- PRESENT
- CHUCK
- NEW

I think there are too much subcategories

I would do

TELEVISION
TV SHOWS
--- CHUCK
OTHER CATEGORIES

Of course Cinzia! But I didn't really have muhch input in the list, I left it to the members as I figure they are the ones who post here a lot, so they should have the forum set up as they would like to see it!
Trust me, you and I will have a lot to do when the sections get created!

I know and I can't wait to help you because so far I feel totally useless XD

#55 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

no no I mean a tv section and a tv shows section and if you want a subsection for past shows I think that this get things complicated because if you do that for past shows you need one even for the current and another one for the new or upcoming like fanforum has so the forum would be like

TV SHOWS
- PAST
- PRESENT
- CHUCK
- NEW

I think there are too much subcategories

I would do

TELEVISION
TV SHOWS
--- CHUCK
OTHER CATEGORIES

I know and I can't wait to help you because so far I feel totally useless XD

There's not been too much to do at the moment anyway! So we will have plenty to do!
I am always on the forum anyway, it's always loaded up except when I sleep, so I don't mean to make you feel useless! :)

#56 Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

Hayley (ZacharyLeviFan)

The Almighty Smiter

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

if you dont mind me butting in, thats an excellent idea ^

every forum i have been on has one of those.

I agree with Cinzia too! I think it would be good.

#57 Sofia

Sofia

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • LocationGothenburg/Göteborg, Sweden
  • NERD:562

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

I know but I'm asking you if you can tell me before send to the admin so I can say my opinion because now I can say everything I want but if the decision has been made, I feel useless! :( As I said, I have tons of ideas but I don't wanna mess thinkgs up! I think that the forum now is a mess and i wanna help out to reorganize it but we've to know what we're gonna do otherwise we'll mess it more! :P That's all! I didn't know you already sent it that's why I ask you if you can tell me first next time then you know I agree with all the decision you made!

You don't have to feel useless...this is a new site and there probably gonna be a lot of changes in the future and you are gonna be a part of it. The discussions that we had last night and this morning showed a lot what the members here want to have in it. But just because Hayley sent the list of changes that we want it doesn't mean that it's gonna happen that quickly. So don't feel left out there are a lot of things that need to be done with this place and you are gonna get your voice heard in the process. And the decisions that Hayley made was really made by us all because she asked over and over again what we thought about it. So don't blame her for sending that list because she asked (like I said) over and over again if it was okey. I know that you are new to this but so are everyone else that's here. If you want to make some changes you just have to send another list and it will all be sorted out :)

Think that the FAQ section that you suggested are a great idea btw.

Peace appeals to the hearts; studies to the brain. Both are needed, indeed indispensable. But equally indispensable is a valid link between brain and heart. And that, in a nutshell, is what peace studies and peace practice are all about." ~ Johan Galtung

#58 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Ok! let me know if I can do something and I hope in the end every thread will have it's onwn discussion with the indexes and all will be easy to be found! I'll help you do that, just give me the ok and I really hope for the moderators section so that all of us can be always aware of everything and we can talk to the big boss togheter and I know what you tell them and you know what I tell them so everyone will know everything always. It's very useful in boards. I'll wait and see .... just let me know if you need something!

#59 Tebroc

Tebroc

Clive, the 6502 Microcode Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • NERD:607

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

also you'll have to be fast to get there before hayley. shes on her game at the moment ;)

#60 charly

charly

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1055 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

You don't have to feel useless...this is a new site and there probably gonna be a lot of changes in the future and you are gonna be a part of it. The discussions that we had last night and this morning showed a lot what the members here want to have in it. But just because Hayley sent the list of changes that we want it doesn't mean that it's gonna happen that quickly. So don't feel left out there are a lot of things that need to be done with this place and you are gonna get your voice heard in the process. And the decisions that Hayley made was really made by us all because she asked over and over again what we thought about it. So don't blame her for sending that list because she asked (like I said) over and over again if it was okey. I know that you are new to this but so are everyone else that's here. If you want to make some changes you just have to send another list and it will all be sorted out :)

Think that the FAQ section that you suggested are a great idea btw.

No no no ... maybe you that don't know ... Hayley and I are huge friends! I simply adore her and as I said, even if the decision was made by her I would have agreed! I don't blame anyone especially her just saying that I know about the fact that you're doing this and I didn't know that the list has already been sent so I just ask if next time can tell me since I have to moderate here, I just would like to know what's going on otherwise I feel useless plus I have lots of ideas and I would like to make them real but doing this I don't wanna mess things up that was my pont but I wanna to be cleat that I love Hayley! I think she's one of the best person I've ever known and every decision she take is ok for me! Just wanna know, that's all! :P

also you'll have to be fast to get there before hayley. shes on her game at the moment ;)

lol XD it's not a challenge! She can do everything she wants to ... there are just a couple of things I would like to do that's all :P I really adore Hayley, I knew her before this site and I think she's a great person! I really want this to be clear! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users