1. What, when, and where is Nerd HQ?
Nerd HQ is a FREE, four day event held the same weekend as the annual pop culture convention and offers exclusive gaming and tech activations, nightly events, and intimate celebrity panels benefiting Operation Smile. The event is scheduled to be held July 24-27, 2014 at Petco Park in San Diego, California.
2. What does the Nerd HQ app do?
With the bracelet and official Nerd HQ app you’ll be able to:
- Receive exclusive announcements about Nerd HQ happenings, including celebrity meet and greets and Smiles for Smiles
- Get up to the minute details of the activations on site
- Take cool photos in our easily editable “HQ ME” section and at the on-site photo booths
- Streamline your experience with simplified social media posts
- Receive exclusive discounts
- Get updates on the Conversations for a Cause panel series in real time
- Interact with Nerd HQ partners
- Be entered to win amazing prizes!
2. What do I do after I register?
Bring your phone or tablet with the app downloaded to Nerd HQ. After you register through the app, you will get a number that we will connect to an RFID bracelet when you arrive.
3. Should I keep my Nerd HQ bracelet on during the entire event?
Yes. Keeping the bracelet enables us to make sure we get each user the information they have signed up for. And it insures you get your pictures from the HQ photo booths.
4. Do I need a ticket to enter Nerd HQ ?
No. Nerd HQ is a FREE event and anyone can enjoy the fun. We do ask that you register at the entrance so we can connect you to all the news and offers that will be available throughout the weekend. .
5. Will the app post to my social media accounts without telling me?
No. Each time you scan your badge you will know what that scan activates by signs attached to the scanning towers.
6. How will I know about new panels, photos with celebrities and special offers from Nerd Machine and their partners?
The app is enabled with Push notifications to keep you up to date on added “Conversations” and “Smiles and Signings for Smiles” that are added during the event. It will also send Alerts to let you know about special offers that will save you money and give you access to exclusive offers faster than those without the app.
7. I am having trouble with the app, what do I do?
If you are having problems with the app, please email [email protected] to ask your question. Our friendly nerd staff will help to solve your nerd crisis.